Thursday, November 12, 2009

a broken heart

a lot to process from tonight. i went to a Thomas Jefferson education seminar filled with thought provoking statements and ideas and then spent the last hour talking on the phone with my dear friend Beck. i am actually really glad she called so i could talk through and process some of the stuff i heard tonight, but i cried and went through a couple kleenexes....

a realization that my heart is broken over Brian's death hit me tonight... hard. he meant so much to so many because he loved them. i know in my head that God was merciful and Brian is in a better place, whole, healthy, and new, but my heart still hurts because of it. i miss his tangible moments of love, sweetness and tenderness for me and the kids, but we are left behind to go on. i don't know what will happen or what i'll do, but that's okay. it's only been two months. i need some breathing room to catch my breath and let God work as he will and always has.

tomorrow i will write about my musings about what i heard at the seminar, but for now, my head hurts... i must go to sleep. morning comes too soon :)

1 comment:

  1. I want to hear about the seminar. Don't think I'd ever be a Jeffersonian parent, but I'm always interested in ed talk.

    ReplyDelete