Saturday, October 24, 2009

story time

today was a lazy day... we just stayed at home and rested. we really need that sometimes. i rather liked it. it does allow the mind to wonder and wander though; i found myself thinking about Brian a lot. my thoughts and questions ran the gamut -- from "why?" to beautiful memories of time spent with him to many difficult moments together. i am often surprised at what i find myself thinking about or wondering...

this evening we ventured to a story time in Pasadena with Melea Brock. we invited friends to join us. it was a wonderful time of storytelling, one that i think Brian would have enjoyed -- he always loved a good story. again i found myself thinking about him as a few of the stories touched on points of commonality of experience or situation. the thoughts were good and welcome; i let myself go to the place of remembering. and it's okay. this Life After requires me to move on and continue placing one foot in front of the other to go forward, but i can stop along the way and relish the moments of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment