Thursday, August 18, 2011

peace

driving down the freeway today, i came to a stop -- traffic. i look out the window down to the microscopic emergency lane on the ramp and i see a soft iridescent bulge of an aerodynamic body. this beauty of a specimen lay with eyes closed and as if its body was purposefully laid there. in that moment, it was the complete embodiment of peace.

this pigeon made me smile when i saw it. it made me think of Brian. the peace that envelops him now. this makes me smile. i miss him like crazy but to know that he is at peace so far outweighs the ache in my heart for him.

seeing this today affirms me. today i woke up and got the overwhelming feeling that i was becoming myself.

becoming.

myself.

i am not sure exactly what that means, but i am excited to see how this sensation unfolds over the coming days and weeks.

peace!

2 comments: