Friday, October 1, 2010

birthday memory

i thought of brian and a dear friend today when the kids and i were at the LA County Fair. we were doing crafts in the millard sheets gallery and i remembered. there i had run in to an old friend and his girlfriend. i was so surprised -- but pleasantly -- to see him. we parted ways but i got his number before we did so.

shortly after that, Brian called me and said he'd be joining us at the Fair after all. you see, it was my birthday [9/25] and he had initially promised to go with us and then work came up and he couldn't. i was sad and disappointed, to be sure, but then with a surprise call, he was able to keep his promise. i can still see him coming towards me, looking handsome and charming with that amazing smile of his, hugging and kissing me. almost immediately afterward, he thrust a small envelope into my hand. it was a gift card to a very nice local day spa. [i still haven't used the gift certificate]. after a short time with just me & the kids, he called up this friend and we ended up spending the rest of our time there with him and his girlfriend.

today all the memories and good thoughts from that day swept over me. that was a good day.... a really good day. one that was truly a gift and one i will always remember with fondness.

No comments:

Post a Comment