Friday, October 1, 2010

speaking of birthdays...

this year i went to boise, idaho, for my birthday. the kids and i flew up there to see some very dear friends of mine. it was so much fun! my friends blessed me and i feel loved!

robin took me to a tea at a tea house in meridian. [a funny aside -- the last time we went to tea, it was at the british emporium in upland and there, i lost my original wedding ring! i was devastated, but to make things worse, i didn't even notice until the next morning when i was getting ready for work! phht]

afterward, we had our toes done at a local salon... boy, did i feel pampered. no kids! woohoo!

when we got back to her place, the kids had decorated the kitchen with birthday decor and they were all fancy for tea, too!

shortly after, steph came over and took me for coffee at rembrandt's, a cool little coffeehouse that is inside of a renovated church.

when we were finished, we headed back to robin's for dinner -- falafel with balsamic salad and hummus... so yum!

the cake for dessert was carrot... really cute with sunflowers and bees.

it was a great birthday filled with love.

thanks, girls! i love you both so much!

1 comment: