Saturday, February 6, 2010

The elephant is in the room...

...and only a few will acknowledge it. Is it because no one wants to cry? People are trying to be sensitive to me? I wonder if there is a hope in others that they too will see Brian again in heaven someday or is their silence due to a lack of it? I am really perplexed by it.

Well, the elephant is going to be smackdab in the middle of the table on Tuesday because the girls want to throw a birthday party for their daddy. They want to make his favorite meal and favorite cake, say a prayer and tell some stories. I wonder how it will be? I think I'll put them in charge [yup, this is what I have decided].

Overall, though, other than that darn elephant, our trip east has been a pleasant one. We spent the first 4 days in Nashville, staying with dear friends of ours whom I met when Brian and I met. We did everything together in the early years and had fun. La Bufadora in Mexico, Superbowl parties, date nights, birthdays, just hanging out. It was like home being with them, and sharing memories of Brian together was comforting. I wish we could have some of those times back, but time marches on...

Our time in Atlanta has been sweet (and cold! Not over 38*F), as Brian's mom and I drove to Atlanta from Nashville together. We have reminisced and shed tears, wishing he were here. But with others it seems the elephant sits, large, heavy and ignored... but not for much longer. Other than that it has been a great time for the kids to spend time with their aunt, uncle and cousins, Papa and G-ma too. Ian has been a blast and the girls are exploring with their older cousin and tumbling, spinning, singing and pretending with their younger. Really fun to see them play.

we've even been having fun with the dogs and their lab Savannah has taken a likiing to me because I'll take her in the backyard and throw the ball for her. She's not as much fun as Lucy [whom i miss terribly!] but fun nonetheless :)

1 comment:

  1. It was good to Celebrate the heavenly brithday of my friend Brian on Wednesday with Heidi and the kidos! We sang laughed and told a few kid friendly stories from our past. I miss you my brother, but am so blessed to have spent time with your beutiful family and to remember the life well lived you had.

    ReplyDelete