Thursday, December 31, 2009

good-byes

good-bye, 2009.

2009 will be gone forever, never to be relived or experienced. our future - 2010 - awaits.

one good-bye this year has left me with a Life After; but it was not a good-bye but a "see you later." my hope carries me. my hope makes me strong. my hope is in Jesus. i leave you with this for 2009 to remember the reason for our hope in 2010:

Think of stepping on shore and finding it heaven; taking hold of a hand and finding it God's; breathing new air and finding it celestial; feeling invigorated and finding it immortality; of passing through a tempest to a new and unknown ground; of waking up well and happy and finding it Home.

That is what the Scriptures mean when they say,
“No eye has seen, no ear has heard,
and no mind has imagined
what God has prepared
for those who love him.”
I Corinthians 2:9 NLT

Lord, Thank you that you have given us, your children, eternal life here and now, and that we know that unspeakable joy is awaiting us.

from Corrie Ten Boom's Each New Day.


i know that my love is full of unspeakable joy, celebrating with our Jesus and God the Father in heaven tonight.... rather, every day from here on. oh, i cannot wait to be with him, celebrating eternity with Brian and those who are with him.

Happy New Year. may you find the hope that only Jesus can give...

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year to you, too, Heidi. you are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete