Monday, February 27, 2012

wealth of another kind

i am rich. i have 3 amazing children; many good friends, old and new; family who love and care for me; and a lifetime of memories to unfold and be made through modes of communication and experience.

monday night, the kids and i had dinner with some dear friends. [to find out more about them, go here.] my former colleague and her husband hosted us with good food and great conversation. then, she asked me if i had read "one thousand gifts" by ann voskamp.
i hadn't, so she promptly put it in my hands and then proceeded to say "take it; read it; it's... amazing."

she was right. i tearfully read through the first 5 pages totally relating to the words she was writing. i think this book will be a recommendation to all. and i pray that the good Lord will help me to write with such beauty and fluidity.

you can also visit ann voskamp's blog here.

2 comments:

  1. How funny that I asked you if you had heard of her before I saw this post, I can't wait to read this book, I am enjoying her blog so so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book and have given away my copy. Her words are poetry. I am glad you have found it. Blessings, friend!

    ReplyDelete